We love food: The Perfect beef stew recipe for those chilly winter nights.
Hand on: 50 Mins
6 Hours 50 Mins
Makes 8 servings
RECIPE BY Southern Living
- Whisk together first 2 ingredients until smooth.
- Sprinkle beef with flour, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Cook beef, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10
to 12 minutes or until browned.
- Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker or Potjie pot.
- Add sweet potatoes, next 8 ingredients, and broth mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or until tender.
- 168g canned tomato paste
- 1kg ox-tale
- 1 (3-lb.) boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 65mm cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet onions, cut into eighths
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (about 1 lb.)
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- celery ribs, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme