Why not try this Banoffe Pie for your next #FridayBraaiDay?
15 minutes preparation time
Serves 8 - 12
When looking for delicious yet simple recipes for an after-dinner treat, it can often be tough to find one that suits a variety of tastes. A soft and creamy Banoffee Pie is the ideal sweet treat that is sure to leave your dinner guests feeling special and satisfied. Simple to prepare and delightful to eat, this dessert is perfect for informal family dinners, as well as a tasty addition to any braai day. Sweet treats are always welcome, especially after a flavourful and hearty meal. Why not bake a tray of succulent koeksisters as a treat for tea and coffee, and that will also compliment your pie?
- To make the base, combine all of the ingredients and press into a greased 20 cm pie dish.
- For the filling, beat the Caramel Treat and peanut butter with an electric beater until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and continue beating until well combined. Spread the mixture over the pie base and place the pie in the fridge for 45 minutes to set.
- Remove the pie from the fridge and whip the cream. Fold in the sliced bananas, spoon the mixture on top of the pie and dust liberally with nutmeg before serving.
*Original article courtesy of our friends at www.robertsons.co.za
For the Base:
- 1 Packet of ml Marie Biscuits crushed
- 15 ml Robertson’s Cinnamon
- 30 ml Cocoa Powder
- 125 ml Margarine melted
- For the Filling:
- 1 can Caramel Treat
- 75 ml Peanut Butter
- 150 g Dark Chocolate melted
- For the Topping:
- 250 ml Cream
- 4 Firm Bananas sliced
- Robertson’s Nutmeg to dust